Dental Hygiene in Morristown, NJ
Good dental hygiene has a significant impact on your overall health and well-being. Whether you're interested in whitening your teeth or seeing our hygienist for regular cleanings, at Rangel Dental we offer a wide array of preventive and cosmetic dental procedures that can enhance your smile and improve your oral health.
The Importance Of Good Dental Hygiene
A healthy smile makes you feel great and gives your confidence a boost, and proper dental hygiene is essential to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Taking good care of your teeth keeps your breath fresh, allows you to eat and speak properly and can also help you avoid serious and costly dental problems.
Some signs of good dental hygiene include:
- Teeth that are clean and free of debris
- Pink gums that don’t hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- No everyday problem with bad breath
If you experience persistent bad breath or toothaches or your gums hurt or bleed, it’s vital to see your dentist. These conditions may indicate a problem that should be treated as soon as possible.
How To Practice Good Dental Hygiene
Seeing your dentist and hygienist for regular checkups and cleanings every six months and X-rays once a year is essential to maintain your oral health and identify problems before they start. It’s easy to practice good dental hygiene in Morristown, NJ. Our experienced team of dental professionals can take care of your teeth, advise you on effective home care techniques and point out areas of your mouth that may require a little TLC while brushing and flossing. These simple steps can keep your smile healthy and significantly reduce your risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems:
- Brush thoroughly twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily.
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Eat a sensible diet and avoid sugary snacks and drinks between meals.
- Provide children with fluoridated water or fluoride supplements if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
- Use sealants and fluoride treatments to help protect the teeth.
- See your dentist as soon as any problems arise.
Contact Us To Learn More About Dental Hygiene in Morristown, NJ
From dental implants to whitening teeth, our caring and knowledgeable staff is happy to answer any questions you may have about proper oral care, treatment and dental hygiene in Morristown, NJ. Contact Rangel Dental at 973-292-0001 or request an appointment online. We look forward to serving all your dental care needs.